Lafourfhe ARC - Friday, June 21, 2019
Lafourche Arc has the following position open:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to work independently
- Current LA Driver's License (CDL Preferred), with good driving record
- Knowledge of methods used in maintenance including basic knowledge of the following trades: carpentry, plumbing, glass replacement, painting, electrical, automotive preventive maintenance
- Conducts and assesses major, minor, and routine repair and maintenance of buildings, grounds, machinery, and vehicles.
- Performs basic rough and finished carpentry work in construction and repair of structures such as partitions, walls, doors, window frames, and shelves.
- Removes broken glass, replaces windows and door hardware, replaces or arranges for replacement of glass for windows, doors, and light fixtures.
- Performs basic electrical maintenance, replaces burnt bulbs
- Identifies and performs basic repairs of plumbing leaks or breaks; opens clogged lines and drains; replaces washers and other minor parts; maintains and monitors septic systems.
- Applies and prepares various surfaces for paint, enamel, lacquer, varnish, or stain.
- In the absence of a groundskeeper, may maintain grounds in clean and orderly manner including mowing, trimming, and weeding.
- Performing routine scheduled maintenance on vehicles. Keeping an updated maintenance schedule on all agency vehicles.
- Conduct safety inspections of all agency buildings.
- Performing other duties and assumes other responsibilities as my be assigned.
Applicants should apply Monday through Friday between 7:30am - 4:00pm at 100 West Main St., Thibodaux, LA or send resume to email@example.com. Applicant must bring/send in proof of a valid LA driver's license and HS/GED diploma. Current Lafourche Arc employees who wish to be considered must complete a transfer request in the Human Resources Department. Deadline to apply is 3:30pm on July 8, 2019.